Podcast Episode #13 – Sep 15, 2022
In this podcast interview we will be talking to Shane Gross, a Canadian marine conservation photojournalist and Co-founder of the Canadian Conservation Photographers Collective currently based in Nanaimo, Vancouver Island, British Columbia.
Shane’s childhood passion for sharks has grown into a love for everything that lives underwater. Telling long-form narratives about the ocean and human’s impact on her, both positive and negative, are what drive him.
Shane’s Fun facts:
- Visited all 7 continents
- Nickname: none
- 2021 Save Our Seas Foundation Ocean Storytelling Grant Winner
- Associate Fellow with the International League of Conservation Photographers (iLCP)
- Multiple winner in NHM Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition and many others
- Co-Founder of the Canadian Conservation Photographers Collective (CCPC)
- PADI Master SCUBA Diver Trainer
- Can lick own elbow
- Was once in trunk of car during car accident
- Can hold breath for over 4 minutes
- Was once envenomated by a stonefish and rushed to hospital (they gave him morphine to smoke!)
- Eddie Adams Photojournalism Grad – 2017
- Is desperate for Instagram followers
- Thinks he’s funny
Shane is available for photography assignments, and speaking engagements. “I hope you’ll take the time to look at my images and read the stories behind them. Our oceans are in real trouble because of our collective actions. Let’s use our skills, talents and abilities to make real conservation change. Please don’t hesitate to contact me with anything. I want to help“.
Shane’s latest book is available for purchase “Bahamas Underwater“
If you’d like to support Shane’s work directly via Patreon please click here. Thank you!
Image Showcase: From your podcast app click on this link to the images which will automatically use your browser.
The Music snippets that you hear in the intro and outro of the podcast is from “upbeat-motivation-corporate” by M-Dewala on Pixabay Music.