Are you a Canadian Photographer interested in being a guest on the podcast? The process is easy and we believe you’ll have fun doing the recording session. Take a look at the information below and then contact us via email at email@example.com or by our contact page and we’ll respond as soon as possible to setup an agreeable date and time for the podcast recording session.
Hi we are Trevor & Darlene Awalt, a husband and wife photography team based in Bayswater Nova Scotia and are hoping that you’d consider being a Guest on our You Can Learn Photography Podcast.
In July 2021, we started a personal project to produce an audio Photography Podcast intended to introduce Photographers throughout Canada.
The You Can Learn Photography Podcast “Mission Statement” is to introduce photographers from Canada. Not just the well known, but the everyday hobbyist through to the professional who have a passion for photography and want to share their knowledge. We’ll talk about things like; getting to know who they are, what they care about, discuss some of their past work, what they’re currently doing, and what they wished they would have known in the beginning.
Currently the intention is to publish the Podcast monthly as guests are available with 14 published episodes so far. Please take a look at the list of Podcast Episodes published so far and then take a listen to an episode to get a feel for the show. It’s intended to be a relaxed informal yet structured discussion about you and your experiences with photography. The recording session takes about 2 hours and then we do the edit and get it ready to publish. Once the edit is completed we ask you to listen to the edited version to ensure you are happy with your episode before it gets published.
What you need to do prior to the Podcast recording session.
1. Items needed from you to be posted with the podcast on the youcanlearnphotrography.ca website
a. Send Two (2) to three (3) of your favourite images for the showcase to discuss during the podcast. (send as low resolution [HD 1280×720] watermarked jpeg @96dpi)
b. Send a head shot (longest edge 400px @96dpi)
c. Send a Bio
d. Send the link(s) to your web site and/or social media
2. Please review the questions below and let us know if there are any you do not wish to discuss. Jot down any notes for your answers to each question to help jog your memory while we are recording the podcast session.
3. Install the free “Rev Voice Recorder” app on your apple or android device and become familiar with recording. (This app is used as a backup to record your voice to provide good audio quality. You will send your m4a audio file to us once recording of the podcast session is completed).
4. Install and/or ensure the Zoom app is at the latest version on your computer/tablet and be familiar with its operation.
5. You will need headphones for the computer/tablet running the Zoom app so that your voice will be the only audio being recorded by your local the “Rev Voice Recorder” app.
6. Be in a quiet as possible area while we are recording the podcast session.
7. Suggest a few dates and times when we can meet via Zoom to record the podcast session.
8. We will initially be publishing the podcast as audio only, but eventually intend to publish the zoom video on our YouTube channel. Note both audio & video will be recorded.
Take a look at the current script of typical questions that are asked during the interview. Questions can be modified based on your feedback as we want to make the podcast episodes as interesting as possible.
- Who are you?
a. Your Name / Business name
b. Give us a brief history
c. Do you have any other interests/hobbies?
d. How long have you been a photographer?
e. Did you go to school to study photography or are you self-taught?
f. If a hobbyist, amateur or enthusiast – what excites you the most about photography?
g. If a professional – why did you choose photography as a career?
- What does photography mean to you?
- What inspires you?
- What do you find is the most difficult part about being a photographer?
- Which photography genre is your favourite and why?
- How would you describe your photography style?
- What people/artists influence your work?
- What are some of your most memorable photos or projects?
- What are you currently working on?
- What is the one thing that you wish you would have known before you started your photography journey?
- Do you post process your images?
a. do you think it’s important?
b. what tools do you use for post processing?
- What do you feel makes an image stand out from the average?
- Showcase – discuss two (2) to three (3) sample images (low resolution images posted on the youcanlearnphotography.ca web site as well as a Bio and link to your website/social media with the podcast)
- What type of cameras do you shoot with and why?
- Which is your favourite lens and why?
- Is there any specific piece of gear that you use that is a must have?
- Do you print your own images or use a photo lab?
- Do you sell your Photography or Services?
a. Any tips you would like to share on how to connect with clients, before, during and/or after a sale?
- Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?
- Do you feel continuing to educate yourself is important and how do you continue your education?
- What do you like the least about being a photographer?
- What do you like the most about being a photographer?
- Where can you be found on the internet?
Here is the setup for the podcast recording session which is held remote via Zoom. The intention is to get the best audio possible and to have separate audio for each participant.
The Podcast Episodes are also available on Apple, Google Play, Spotify, Amazon Music, iHeart Radio, Stitcher, and Podchaser.
Please let us know if you would be interested in being on the podcast and then we can determine the best time to do the recording session. We are flexible and if there is a time frame that suits your schedule or coincides with something you are launching in the near future please let us know and we can adjust the timing to suit your situation.
Thanks in advance for your consideration and we are looking forward to meeting you. Just contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by our contact page and we’ll respond as soon as possible.